A youth stands up in class to describe how depression affects him. But he is not alone….
What to do when a person is going through a mental health issue:
1. A few small words: ask a person how they feel
2. Avoid cliches like “It will pass”
3. Find out more about mental health
4. Give the person time (they might not want to talk immediately!)
5. Don’t just talk about mental health
Experience for 60 seconds the world as a person with autism would.
This is an article about the benefits of eating healthily on mental health. At times, this has a better effect than meds.
See full article here.